Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My heart's burdens

Life seems to have a way of getting away from me these days. I'm running off in a million directions. Honestly, I complain about being busy all the time, but I create my own busyness. Probably so I don't have to sit home with nothing to do which usually leads to over thinking every little situation in my life I really don't want to even think about. But something happened this morning. Before 9am. I'm not even fully awake before 9am. So what could have this effect on a Tuesday morning before 9am? I read a blog post, that's what. A post that shook me. A post that broke my heart all over again for something it was already broken for. A post that took all of my busyness, all of my pettiness, all of my selfishness and threw it right out the window of my heart. So on a random Tuesday morning, my heart has been emptied and then filled up again within minutes. My words aren't enough. You need to read this post

http://mshaiti.blogspot.com/2013/06/not-afraid.html

I guess I should back up a little here. I know it's still early. So, I went to Haiti last summer where I met some of the most amazing people I'm so blessed to call my friends, my brother & sister in Christ. Matt & Satcey have been serving as missionaries in Haiti for many years now. I've heard stories about what it's like down there. I've seen pictures. But you have no idea. I had no clue. Until I went. And I was only there for a week. In short, Haiti is a place filled with great darkness. Evil. Hatred. Corruption. A place where Christians are a minority. A place where Christians are persecuted. And not just by words. We think our lives here as Christians are difficult. NO. Not even close. Reading this post this morning pretty much knocked me back a few steps. I'm pretty sure I needed a reality check, given some of the crap that's been swirling around me recently. It so easy for me to complain how difficult my life is. How unfair things are. How I'm being "persecuted" for my beliefs and my faith. How I'm being accused of things and how mean and hurtful things are being said about me. In hindsight, that stuff's not even important. Praising God this morning for His promises. For the heart He's given me. For the heart He's given Matt & Stacey. And so many others. I'm not afraid of what's to come. Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

  1. Aw, Kelli, we're blessed to call you friend, too. So thankful that some of our stories are playing a part in YOURS, ultimately knowing that it is HIS story we're a part of...love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelli - This is so powerful and puts things into proper perspective. My problems, my needs, my issues are so very trivial.....no, they are non-existant compared to what Ezechiel and the people of Haiti live with everyday. Thank you for reminding us we need count our blessings each and every day.

    ReplyDelete